CSACI Studentship 2022
CSACI is pleased to announce the 2022 competition for Summer Studentships in the area of Clinical Immunology and Allergy.
CSACI Summer Studentship Awards
The goals of the CSACI summer studentships are to enable undergraduate trainees and medical students to become familiar with the field of Clinical Immunology and Allergy to facilitate interest to pursue further training in this area. The goals of the Society are to support research efforts in the following diseases: asthma, allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis, chronic urticaria, food allergy, anaphylaxis, immunodeficiency and other immunological diseases. Studies relevant to any of these conditions covering any of the four pillars of CIHR research are eligible for funding.
A maximum of 6 awards will be given. The final number will depend on the number and quality of the applications we receive.
Details of the Award
- Trainees enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or pharmacy degree program or in the
1st or 2nd year towards a medical degree at a Canadian University are eligible for the award.
- Research must be undertaken at a Canadian University or Institute.
- Supervisors must have an academic appointment at a Canadian University or Institute and
be CSACI members in good standing.
- Depending on the volume of submissions the Committee will aim to limit the awards to
no more than one per University.
- The studentship will be for a term of six weeks to four months for the period May-August 31st,
- A maximum of six (6) awards will be given depending on the number and quality of the
applications. Each award will have a value of $3500-$6000 (i.e. $1500 a month for 4 months –
for a maximum of $6,000). The award will be dependent on the duration of the studentship.
- Availability of matching funds to bring the award up to $2000/month is encouraged. If the awardee
secures other major summer student award then we will supplement that award to bring the total
2021 CSACI Summer Studentship Recipients
We are pleased to inform you that the CSACI has bestowed six (6) awards for the Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2021 Summer Studentships in Allergy and Immunology Research.
And the winners are:
- Alyssa Burrow, Queen’s University
- Jake Colautti, McMaster University
- Tony Guo, University of British Columbia
- Christopher Knox, University of Toronto
- Christopher Liwski, Dalhousie, University
- Florence Poirier, Université de Montréal