The Allergist Episode 8 – A Journey Through Top Articles of 2023 with Dr. Matthew Greenhawt
“We cannot be dogmatic about what we say about epinephrine…we need as a field to stop being so dogmatic and do more studies to understand.” – Dr. Matthew Greenhawt
Join us on this eye-opening episode, where we explore the latest breakthroughs in allergy and immunology with Dr. Matthew Greenhawt as he walks us through the pivotal articles of 2023 that are redefining the field.
On this episode:
- Review penicillin allergy delabeling and why this is ready to incorporate into your medical practice.
- Understand the evidence for various atopic dermatitis treatment strategies using evidence-based graded recommendations.
- Discover the potential of Dupilumab in its two newest indications – eosinophilic esophagitis and COPD.
- Delve into our latest understanding of epinephrine doses and future directions in research on this fundamental medication.
- Exclusive insights into the EPITOPE trial from the lead author.
This episode is a must-listen for allergists and immunologists looking for a quick literature review and key highlights from 2023. Tune in now for a journey into the heart of the articles that will change the field of allergy!
Posted on January 9, 2024.
Links to articles mentioned:
Atopic dermatitis (eczema) guidelines: 2023 American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology/American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Joint Task Force on Practice Parameters GRADE- and Institute of Medicine-based recommendations – PubMed (nih.gov)